Monday, May 2, 2011

IT'S JUST A BLOG!

So, I haven't posted anything in a few days, or is it several. Mom always said that a couple is two, and a few is three. I guess that makes several, anything more than three. Anyway, I haven't posted in a bit.

I knew this blogging thing was going to be hard for me. I don't think much of what I would want to write about, would be of any interest to the general public. Then I remember that it's JUST A BLOG. Natalie blogs about nonsense, so why can't I. Love you, Nats.

I see a lot of people celebrating, in abundance, the death of Osama bin Laden. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm of course pleased that such a terroristic mind has been put to rest, but his wife and son had to go along with him. Then you have to remember all of the innocent victims that died because of him. But it's not like, now that he's gone, justice has been served. To imagine how many there are out there just like him, might make my brain explode. This is a fight that I fear can't be won. I wish we could just step aside now, and bring everyone's loved ones home.

Then there's my angst with pet owners, people who think they might want to own a pet, people who abandon their pets, and people who abuse animals. This consumes me everyday. I sure wish I could make it go away, but in fact, I'm reminded of it all the time in my Facebook news feed. I want to hide all of the rescue organizations, so I don't have to think about it. That's not going to make it go away. I want very much, to get the cajones to start doing more in the area of animal rescue, instead of just stewing over it all the time.

Awhile back, I had an idea to start a small fund, to provide collars and tags to pet owners. There's no screening necessary. You just send a request, and you will have a collar and tags for your pet. There's no major expense involved here. Rather, just someone who can make it happen. I want that to be me. I'm so sick and tired of people's pets (mostly dogs) getting lose over and over again, and them posting to Facebook about how sad they are, and please help me find my dog. They say they're like family. WHAT? If your pet were like family, either you'd keep a better eye on them, or at the very least give someone who might find them, a way to identify them. IT'S INFURIATING! I try to imagine it's ignorance and laziness. It likely is, so a little help from someone like myself might be greatly appreciated, right?. I dunno. I'm rambling here. Natalie says that's okay. IT'S JUST A BLOG.

Maybe I should change the name of my blog, to IT'S JUST A BLOG. Someone Google that for me, and see if it's already taken. Haha. 

I'm already putting too much thought into this post, wanting to go back and proofread and edit it. That's silly, huh? Right? That's not what this is all about. These are the things that are on my mind right now.

OH! And please, don't litter. That includes throwing cigarette butts out your window, or on the ground anywhere. Don't do it. It's disrespectful of the property owners, the earth, and pretty much your own sense of pride in your surroundings.

Now I feel like I should call this blog something about Kim's soapbox. I'm sorry, to my four followers. I love you all... :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love you so hard. It's Just A Blog. I'm going to google that for you. If it's available, I'll buy it for you. I will. Tomorrow. I hope no one takes it tonight.

    ReplyDelete