Monday, May 2, 2011

Prayer

I said I was going to pray, at least that first day. My intent, though not put into words, was to pray every day. Like someone trying to quit smoking, who falls off the wagon, I am here to say that I only prayed the first three days. Then I kinda forgot about it. I want to get back on track.

As I've mentioned before, it's not easy for me. Being 40 years old, and not having prayed (unless out loud at a church where you have no choice) my entire life, this isn't an easy habit to start. In fact, it might be right up there with stopping a bad habit. I might need to set an alarm on my phone, to remind me to do so.  That likely won't work.

How does one get in this habit, when so uncertain about the recipient of that prayer. And then someone as ADD as me, trying to calm myself long enough to focus on even a "hail mary". Hey, if I thought that a "hail mary" would make a difference in my life, I'd say it while on the pooper. Is that disrespectful? I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment