Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The day of the hump. Wednesday.

I'm not sure where that expression came from, but I like it. The obvious thing to do, would be to Google that cocksucker up, but how tiresome is that. I don't really care for Googling. I'm a lazy interwebzor.  I did Wiki-it, and all I got was a bunch of gibberish about the origin of the word "Wednesday". Fuck that.

But anyway, today is the middle of the week, for us M-Fers. Oh, how I love being one of those people, after YEARS of being in the restaurant business, and working nights, weekends and holidays. Done, and done.

Today, like most days, was relatively painless. I got to go sit on my ass, and hang with one of my best friends. She doesn't even know it, but she's really quite awesome. Working with a friend can be hard, but really, how much closer can you get. No, I won't make out with you, Natalie... :-)

It was hot. Oh my gosh, it felt like August up in the 'Ville today. It made me grateful that I work indoors. Our trailer mechanic came in the office a few times, sweat dripping from his face, that was blood red. So glad I don't have that to endure for the remainder of the summer. He needs a raise.

I'm missing my dog today. Like, A LOT. I haven't posted about her yet, because it's still pretty raw for me. Two months since I put her down, I still think I hear her, still go home thinking I'm going to see her, and what really sucks, is I still smell her in the house. See, her doggie scent, really started to permeate the house in the last few years. I should replace my couch and bed. She loved to sleep on both. It's still so fresh to me, and I don't know who could possibly understand how sad it can make me, at any given time of the day, when the memory decides to rear it's ugly fucking head. I love you, Casey.

I miss my house. I've been at mom's for almost two weeks, with a little break on Saturday. I'm feeling a little lost with the moving back and forth. She made a comment the other night, about how IF and IF, she would want me to move in here. GET THE FUCK OUT! No to the way. I'm a little concerned about that, but she does project far in advance, when so and so dies, and the earth ceases to exist, etc, etc. HAYULP.

Thanks for reading, and I love you.

P.S. I still haven't been praying. Natalie is supposed to bring me a Buddha, and I'm going to get all Zennie. Yeah, like you can just introduce a statuette into your office, and get all peaceful and shit. Anyway, it's worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment