Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Finding Faith

Because I'm obviously having issues with this praying thing, I have some of my praying friends, praying for me. Thank god.

Let me tell you about the last time I prayed. My friend Alicia wanted me to meet her at one of our neighborhood bars this past Sunday. I got in my car, and because it had been raining A LOT, it didn't want to start. It's done this before, but after a few tries, it always starts. However, this time I tried like five times and nothing. I said, "dear god, please let this be one of my get out of jail free cards". Damn thing started.

I went to meet my friend, who is a pretty serious christian, and she pointed out that my prayer was answered. I'm like, "yeah, my prayer to get up to the local bar to have drinks on the sabbath; that was answered". She suggested that you never know what might have come of it, and that it might have been part of a path. Blah, blah, blah. Love you, Alicia.

I still pray to the ceiling fan, light fixture, and buddha statuette in my office, but really, I'm not feeling it. I need divine intervention, to assure me that I'm being heard.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, that was Divine intervention! You otherwise would have been walking! Ahahaha! Hey, you just never know. Perhaps you might have walked... and been hit by a car on the way or mugged or... well you get my drift. You just never know what MIGHT have happened because it didn't happen. BTW, when the car started, did you thank Him for answering your prayer so quickly? Just curious... ;-) Love you too!

    ReplyDelete